Do you find yourself going through the motions of your day and not really thinking much about it?
Maybe what you are doing is working, or maybe it isn’t. When you have the blinders on and are on autopilot, you are missing the chance to create something new.
This could be as simple as coming up with a new routine for your day that works better for you, or as complex as putting together a new offering for your clients or customers.
We all need to be creative but how do you get started?
This may be a bit out of the “business” realm of things, but spend time exploring your creative side.
Here are some ideas:
- Work on projects around the house
- Color in an adult coloring book
- Write a poem or essay just for fun
- Look on Pinterest for decorating ideas and see if you can replicate them yourself
- Dance around your living room
- Sing at the top of your lungs
- Go for a hike and take some great photos
The point is to get out of your “business brain” and have some time to relax and look at things in a new way. You may just be surprised at how many solutions to problems come to you when you are not focused on them.
I have done everything listed here and each time I learn something new about myself, and I get great ideas because I am not looking for answers, I am just having fun.
So take a break, get creative and have fun! You will enjoy the outcome in many ways.